This article is designed for: User Type: Admins or Managers Device: Web Browser
Positions are names you give to the different roles in your business that vary based on skill, qualification and responsibility. For instance, a restaurant’s list of positions may include:
- Assistant manager
- Head chef
- Assistant chef
You can add each position in your business into your account and assign skilled and qualified employees to work in those positions.
- To add a new position, click on the positions tab.
- Click the Plus (+) button next to the positions heading.
- Enter the position name and, if you wish, a brief description of that position.
- If you want to colour code your position, click the drop-down and select the available colours. The colours help to visualise the correct staff coverage on your roster as each position can have a colour.
- If your payroll software requires a custom code or ID for each position, you can add it into the Custom Code field.
- Click the Staff Working in this Position (+) to assign staff who are qualified to work in this position.
- The staff you enter here are the staff that will show up as an option when rostering for this position.
- Click Update to save the staff to the position.
- Then click Save to save the new position.