This article is designed for: User Type: Admins Device: Web Browser (Computer)
This is one of the essential steps in your account setup. You should set aside an hour to complete this in one sitting.
Please do not hesitate to contact us by:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Book a free 30-minute video call with our ClubsHR Customer Success Team
- Live Chat: The blue 'question mark support button' to the bottom right of your browser
Please pay careful attention to this guide, as pay templates are vital to how the system works.
We use Pay Templates for two reasons:
- To accurately budget staff shifts.
- To ensure compliance with the payroll export.
A pay template is the grouping of multiple different pay rules used to pay staff. These rules typically consist of a standard Monday - Friday pay rate (often named 'ordinary hours'), a Saturday pay rate, a Sunday pay rate and a public holiday pay rate.
If your business rosters into the evening, you can have pay rules that only activate at a certain point during the day. Many hospitality businesses will use a 'late night' pay rule or an 'after 9 pm' pay rule.
Below is an example of creating a pay template for a 19-year-old level 2 hospitality worker.
1. Click on the Settings tab, then select Payroll from the dropdown options.
2. Click on the blue Plus (+) button next to the Pay Templates heading in the bottom left corner of the screen
A pop-up window will appear, where you will create the pay template using the pay rules that your industry abides by.
Your pay template comes with some pre-set rules to get you started. You can either update the pre-set rules to suit your award or hover over the rule, and you will notice an X that you can use to delete the rules if you want to start from a blank template. For this tutorial, I will delete the rules and start from a blank template to teach you the whole process.
3. Firstly, give the template a name. For example, 19 Year Old - Level 2.
4. Then type in the name of your first pay rule. E.g. Ordinary hours (Monday - Friday).
5. Click Add to add the rule into the template.
6. Select the days of the week the rule applies to, so for this example, click the days Monday - Friday.
7. Use the sliding bar to tell ClubsHR what hours in the day this rule applies.
8. Then add the hourly pay rate for that rule.
NOTE: Pay templates require every hour of every day to have a rule applied before you can save the template. If you don't have a rule for early or late hours, leave the sliding bar to cover the 24 hours.
If you require early or late rules, slide the bar to the start or end time of the rule you are creating.
You can have multiple pay rules that make up the total 24 hours. These are usually early hours, ordinary hours and late hours. See below example of how these hours are added to the pay template.
The information here shows that at 6 am, the Early Hours rule will end, and the Ordinary Hours rule will kick in. Then, at 6 pm, the Ordinary Hours end and the Late Hours begin.
9. Once you have all your rules created, click Save Rules in the bottom right corner of the popup window to create the template.
If you have not covered all hours across the days/week, the system will warn you and highlight in yellow the rules that need amending before the template will save.
|Prev: Setting up Time Clock||Next Up: Getting to know the Dashboard|
Please sign in to leave a comment.