This article is designed for: User Type: Admins or Managers Device: Web Browser (Computer)
Templates are a fantastic way to save time and avoid rostering mistakes weekly. Having the shifts already in place with start and finish times takes the thinking out of the weekly task of creating a roster.
We recommend adding the shifts for the full-time/permanent part-time staff that work the same shifts every week, then you can add in an Unfilled Shift. An unfilled shift is a shift you have created without assigning a person to work it yet. You can create these shifts on the roster and save them in your templates. These shifts must be filled or deleted before a roster can be published.
1. To add an unfilled shift to the roster, click on the Plus (+) button in the middle of the timeline to bring up the select position window.
2. Select the Position you want to create the shift for. Then, instead of selecting an employee, click the Leave Unfilled button in the bottom left-hand corner of the popup window.
The shift will land on the timeline where you can adjust the hours as usual.
3. Once you have created your roster, you can click the Save as Template button in the bottom right corner.
4. To fill the unfilled shifts with staff members, click the ? in the middle of the shift, and it will take you to the select employee page. Click from the available staff showing up as available (green).
5. Once all the shifts are filled, you can Publish the roster.
NOTE: If you have forgotten to fill a shift when you click to publish, the system will warn you and prompt you to fill the shift or delete it.